2012年2月15日星期三

The Post-Show Chat: Erin Fetherston Suggests Sequins for Fall

Erin Fetherston held off a standing-room only crowd at her presentation at Milk Studios this weekend.  Models in sweetly feminine dresses stood or sat serenely across one long wall. WSJ caught up with her.I was just admiring the green dress with the sequins underneath it (pictured above).I definitely wanted sparkle this season! The dresses you mention are part of the sequin story. What’s special about the sequins, is that’s alternating between silver and turquoise which gives it that special dimension. There’s a version of that with a gold and a salmon pink. What I love is taking something really bold and sparkly like a sequin but then pairing it with something ethereal and light, like chiffon.
What’s the one fall investment piece?When people ask me for the one piece, I like to go more classic. That’s where you get the long-term wear. I would go with the little black dress. We have some cute ones in the collection. There’s one model wearing a fit-and-flare dress that has a mesh insert. I love that piece. You could dress it up, dress it down. Put a cardi, go into the office. Put on high heels and go out for a night on the town.
Do you enjoy presentations more than runway shows?I really do like this setting as a tableau vivant. I think there’s something powerful about seeing all the clothes, all together. [Pauses, as people behind her start excitedly embracing each other.]  And that’s an Erin Fetherston show! Joy and reunions!Kristin Cavallari has said that she is coming to terms with her increasing size since falling pregnant.
The former Hills star - who is in the second trimester of her pregnancy with American football player Jay Cutler - admitted that she is still getting used to not fitting into clothing made for models.Cavallari told Celebuzz: "I have this thing called the Belly Band that just goes around the top of your jeans so you can wear them without buttoning them. It's the first time I've had sample size dresses not fit me. It's all for a good reason. It's alright. I'm pregnant."The 25-year-old - who made her name on MTV's Laguna Beach reality series - added that she has been consuming plenty of dairy products thanks to expected cravings.
Cavallari said: "Ice cream, yogurt, cottage cheese... anything dairy, I had to have it and I am out of that now. I have been eating a lot of Twix, which I don't typically eat, but that is it."I'm trying to balance it out by eating healthy as well."Cavallari also revealed she knows her baby's due date and has been discussing names with her Chicago Bears player fiancé.
"We have been throwing around a few name ideas, but once we find out if it's a boy or girl it will be easier to pick," the reality star said. "I find out [the sex of the baby] at my next appointment. I am dying to know, once I find out though I am probably not going to tell."

没有评论:

发表评论